Jessie Spano Just Gets Me & Other Time-Consuming Things
I'm here! I'm here! I know it's only been a day but it was almost two days and when those two days aren't weekends I get anxious about everyone up and leaving because two weekdays sans post obviously means I'm never returning to this blog and why should you stick around? Sigh. Oh right — I'm going to be calm and normal and not spazz out this holiday season. Right? Easier said than done.
10 Things I Don't Have Time to Do Right Now That I Have to/Should Do Anyway Because Life
- Finish an initial full read-through of a novel I am editing for this brilliant author who has put her heart and soul into my hands by hiring me for this project. (It's a brilliant novel. I have terrible time management lately.)
- See my chiropractor for a second time this week because since I was in a car accident a few weeks ago, my already messed-up back is in even worse shape and I don't want to get even worse still so it's trekking the half hour to and from his office multiple times a week for me until he puts the kibosh on that. I love my chiro, but it would be so much more convenient if he could just come adjust me in my office or apartment.
- Yoga. I totally slept in and skipped yoga this morning. I'll be regretting this move within the hour. Though I did leave my mat out, thinking that maybe I'll squeeze in a quick practice this evening but let's not be ridiculous.
- Blog. This is such a bad use of my time right now but whatever. See above.
- Work. Because there's all that life stuff in the way. Work and life just constantly seem to be battling each other for my brain space. Tell me again why they only ask working moms — particularly those who usually have a partner to give them a hand with at least one of those things — about work/life balance? #SINKsForWorkLifeBalance (SINK = single income, no kids)
- Finish reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. This week I've read a total of maybe 10 pages. I'm SO CLOSE to the end, but I just can't make the time to read right now and it might actually be killing me. (For anyone new to the party, this is my first read of the series, no spoilers!)
- Go to pub trivia, but I did that last night anyway because I like living on the edge and sometimes I like to drink hard cider and eat potato skins with excessive sour cream.
- Write an article for Feather Magazine due this week. HEY — you guys can help me out with this. What are your favorite holiday traditions? I want to feature the yearly must-dos of Feather Girls of all backgrounds. So whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Solstice or none/all of the above, drop me a line sharing your favorite winter holiday tradition. One present on Christmas Eve? Dinner at Grandma's? Midnight mass? Chant naked in the backyard holding big sticks? I won't judge. Please and thank you for sharing your memories with me!
- Go on dates with The Flash, but...he's got a really awesome full sleeve tattoo and he made me dinner and we have the same favorite Shakespeare comedy, so I think I'd actually be more foolish not to keep seeing him.
- Run. Seriously, this is not a good week for me with running. I last ran on Sunday — it was awesome, by the way; this whole "not in training" thing is doing wonders for my pace! — and am hoping to get in some miles tomorrow or Friday but. We'll see.
Linking up with Helene for #SOTWW!